Kalderetang Baka Recipe
- 1 kilo beef (for stewing, cut into chunk cubes)
- ? kilo beef liver (cut to almost the same size as the beef)
- 6 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 medium onions (diced)
- 6 big tomatoes (quartered)
- 3 big red peppers (diced)
- 3 big green peppers (diced)
- 1 cup pitted green olives
- 4 pieces chili pepper (minced) ½ cup olive oil)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- ? cup all purpose cream
- ? cup grated cheese pinch of salt & pepper to taste
- 3 cups beef stock
- 1 ? teaspoon cornstarch in little water
- In a casserole, saute garlic, onion, tomatoes and all the pepper.
- Add in the beef and the liver. Cook for a little while and take out the liver and set aside.
- Pour in the stock and tomato paste.
- Bring to a boil and lower the fire and let simmer until beef becomes tender.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add in olives, and diluted cornstarch.
- Grate liver and add into the mixture.
- Allow sauce to thicken and add in cream and grated cheese.
- Serve hot
Recipe by Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ at https://www.panlasangpinoyrecipes.com/kalderetang-baka-recipe/