Fresh Lumpia Recipe
- ¼ kilo pork liempo, boiled and sliced
- ½ kilo shrimp, shelled
- 2 squares tokwa ( tofu ), cubed
- ½ cabbage, medium – sized, shredded
- 1 cup string beans, sliced diagonally Carrot, cut into thin strips
- Kinchay, cut lengthwise, half inch Kamote, medium – sized, cut into thin strips
- Lettuce leaves 3 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 onion, sliced 1 garlic, crushed
- Peanust, finely chopped ( for garnishing ) For lumpia wrappers:
- 1 egg, lightly beaten ½ cup water
- ¼ cup cornstarch Dash of salt
- Oil to grease frying pan
- For sauce:
- 1 cup brown sugar /Water /Cornstarch /Soy sauce
- Soy sauce to taste
- Saute garlic and onions. Add pork and shrimp.
- When pork and shrimp are slightly cooked, add tufo.
- Add carrots, string beans, kamote, then kinchay and cabbage. Do not overcook.
- Season to taste. Cool before wrapping.
- To make lumpia wrapper: Mix egg, water, cornstarch and salt thoroughly until smooth. used spatula to lift crepe.
- To make sauce: Dissolve cornstarch in water , soy sauce and sugar stir to become melted.
- To make lumpia: Put 2 -3 tbsp of filling in lumpia wrapper. Roll wrapper and seal wrapper. Serve with sauce and finely chopped peanuts.
Recipe by Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ at https://www.panlasangpinoyrecipes.com/fresh-lumpia-recipe/