Bird’S Nest Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 egg yolks, unbeaten
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sifted unbleached flour
- 2 egg whites, unbeaten
- 1¼ cups finely chopped walnuts or pecans
- Jam or jelly
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream butter until fluffy.
- Gradually add brown sugar and mix until well blended.
- Add egg yolks. Mix well.
- Blend in vanilla, salt and flour.
- Shape into 1 inch balls.
- Dip each ball in egg whites, then roll in chopped nuts.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet about 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Quickly make a depression in center of each cookie with thumb.
- Bake 6 minutes longer.
- Cool and fill depression with jam.
Recipe by Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ at https://www.panlasangpinoyrecipes.com/birds-nest-cookies-recipe/