Chocolate Chip Shortbread Recipe
- 1 cup butter, do not use margarine
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Measure the butter, sugar, vanilla and flour into large bowl.
- Work this all together until it forms a ball. Use your hands.
- Add the chocolate chips. Work well into dough.
- Roll into balls, about 1 inch in diameter.
- Place on greased cookie sheets.
- Press down with a lightly floured fork.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
- This recipe makes about 5 dozen cookies.
- These cookies freeze well.
Recipe by Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ at https://www.panlasangpinoyrecipes.com/chocolate-chip-shortbread-recipe/