Pan de Coco Recipe
- 4 Cups bread flour
- ¾ Cup warm milk
- 2 Teaspoon rapid rise yeast
- ¼ Cup white sugar
- 4 Eggs
- ½ Tablespoon salt
- ¾ Cup melted butter
- 1 egg beaten with a splash of water (egg wash)
- 1 Cup brown sugar
- 1 Cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1½ Tablespoon softened butter
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla
- Mix together warm milk, yeast, sugar and eggs.
- Mix flour and salt, add melted butter.
- Combine egg mixture to the flour mixture, mix well to form a dough.
- Turn dough into a well-floured surface and knead until soft and elastic.
- Place the kneaded dough in a well-oiled bowl.
- Cover with a cloth and allow to rise for 1 hour or until it doubles in size.
- Divide dough into 4 equal pieces, and 3 to 4 roll in each pieces.
- Form dough into a ball, flatten it by hand or rolling pin.
- Place about 1 tablespoon of filling at the center.
- Pinch all the side together and twist to seal the edges.
- Place pinched side down on parchment paper.
- Cover with cloth and let it rise until doubled in size, about 1 hours.
- Bake at 350°F for about 5 minutes, brush the top with egg wash.
- Bake for another 15 minutes or until top becomes golden brown.
Recipe by Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ at https://www.panlasangpinoyrecipes.com/pan-de-coco-recipe/