Want an easy breakfast-ready recipe? Then this eg salad recipe is for you!
Not just for breakfast, egg salad can be perfect for your merienda. This salad is a variation of those salads that involve protein mixed with seasonings in the form of herbs, spices, and other ingredients that you want, bound with mayonnaise. Egg salad is a sibling of chicken salad, crab salad, ham salad, lobster salad, and tuna salad.
Commonly used as sandwich filling, this type of salad is typically made of chopped hard-boiled eggs, mayonnaise, mustard, onion, salt, and pepper. Among seminars or simple meetings, egg sandwich is a favourite because it is easy to do, not to mention that it is a healthy snack. Sometimes, this egg salad goes as a topping on green salads as well.
Egg salad can be done in a variety of creative ways. Cold food can also be added. Bacon, cheese, cucumber, and lettuce are common additional ingredients. But if you want to go minimalist, try doing the egg mayonnaise sandwich filler, wherein chopped hard-boiled egg is mixed with mayonnaise only. In this recipe, it is all about mixing your six ingredients of hard-boiled eggs and herbs and spices. And there you go! Egg salad!
- 8 pcs Boiled egg
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 pc red bell pepper ( small dice)
- 5 strings of onion leaves
- 1 pc red onion ( small dice)
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Lettuce ( optional)
- Boiled the eggs and peeled.
- Cut the onion, bell pepper and onion leaves, set aside.
- In a big bowl cut the egg using an egg cutter .
- Mix with bell pepper and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the red onion,onion leaves mayonnaise. Mix well
- Serve chilled. Enjoy