Eggplant Croquettes (Poqui-Poqui) Recipe
- 4 medium-size eggplants
- 4 gloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 medium-size tomatoes, diced
- 3 pieces egg, beaten
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- oil for frying
- Grill eggplants until skin are charred and blister.
- Let it cool then peel off the skin; chop the flesh. Set aside.
- In a pan, heat oil and saute garlic, onion and tomato.
- Add chopped eggplant and season with salt and pepper. Stir and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add beaten eggs and continue stirring for two minutes.
- Remove from heat, cool for a bit and add a little flour before rolling them into balls.
- Dredge then fry. Transfer to serving plate and serve.
Check Out Our Recommended Products for you!
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More