Eggplant steak is popular among Filipinos and one of their most favorite of all times for it is not so expensive and easy to prepare. This recipe is always present specially in vegetarians restaurants. Some of the other recipes with eggplants are used to have ground meats or scrambled egg, but this recipe will not be having some of those ingredients mentioned. It is also cooked in different countries around the world like Spain and some of places in America.
The name of this recipe is derive from the process of making a traditional steak which is made of meat.
The cooking process of this recipe usually needs to fried the eggplant and separately cooks the sauce.
After that, the sauce into the fried eggplant with onion rings garnish. This recipe is often serve with steamed of fried rice.
Want to give this a recipe try? See the list of ingredients and complete instructions below! Enjoy
- 1 large eggplant, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, cut into rings
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1 tsp white vinegar or lemon juice
- ground black pepper
- oil for frying
- In a pan, hot oil. Add the eggplant and fry until golden brown. Drain on a paper towel and set aside.
- On the same pan, saute garlic and onion with a bit of oil for 2 minutes. Add the soy sauce, vinegar, sugar and pepper to taste. Stir and simmer for 1 minute.
- Pour the sauce over the fried eggplant into a serving dish and garnish with some onion rings.
- Serve with steamed or fried rice. Enjoy!