- 12 oz Canadian bacon – chopped
- 6 English muffins cut into one inch cubes
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- a few dashes of hot sauce (optional)
- Hollandaise (if using package)
- 2 package Knorr Hollandaise Mix
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese
- Prepare mix per package instructions.
- Add lemon juice and cream cheese and whisk.
Hollandaise (from scratch)
- 4 egg yolks
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ½ cup melted butter
- Place half of the Canadian bacon in a buttered 13×9-in. baking dish. Top with English muffins and remaining bacon. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour over top. Refrigerate, covered, 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Remove casserole from refrigerator while oven heats. Bake, covered, 35 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Hollandaise (using package)
For Hollandaise (from Scratch)
- In top of a double boiler or a metal bowl over simmering water, whisk egg yolks, cream, lemon juice and mustard until blended; cook until mixture is just thick enough to coat a metal spoon and temperature reaches 160°, whisking constantly.
- Reduce heat to very low. Very slowly drizzle in warm melted butter, whisking constantly. Serve immediately with casserole.
Recipe Source here
Image Source here