Ensaladang Labanos Recipe
- 2 cups labanos (daikon or oriental radish), thinly sliced
- 1 medium-sized tomato, thinly sliced
- ½ cup flaked smoked fish
- ¼ cup vinegar
- 1 tbsp chopped green onions
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- Mix vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper until well blended. Set aside. Blanch labanos in salted boiling water for 30 seconds.
- Transfer to a colander and place under cold running water for 1 minute. Drain thoroughly and set aside.
- Combine labanos, tomato, green onions and flaked smoked fish in a bowl. Add the vinegar mixture. Mix together gently.
- Chill thoroughly before serving.