- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil for frying
- 1 lb ground chicken (or ground pork)
- 1 large egg
- ⅓ cup plain breadcrumbs (use gluten free if needed)
- 2 chipotles en adobo, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 each large red, yellow, orange, and green bell pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
- 1 medium yellow onion, cut in half and sliced
- Salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons adobo sauce (optional, for extra heat)
- Combine the chicken, egg, breadcrumbs, chipotles, cilantro, salt, pepper, oregano and chili powder in a large bowl and mix with hands until thoroughly combined.
- Wet your hands and form the mixture into 1-inch meatballs.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Once hot, add the meatballs and fry until browned on all sides. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the peppers and onion and to the skillet along with another tablespoon of olive oil and fry until softened, 5 minutes. If you want a little more heat, add 2 teaspoons of adobo sauce from the can. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Return the meatballs to the skillet, stir to combine, cover, and cook for another 5-8 minutes until the meatballs are cooked through.
- Serve with seasoned rice.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More