Tiramisu is a delicious layered dessert made with ladyfingers and lots of cream and mascarpone. Here, this recipe puts a uniquely Pinoy twist that makes this Italian treat more colorful and festive, as well as utterly more-ish: imagine dreamy layers of thick all-purpose cream sweetened with condensed milk, sandwiched in between refreshing chunks of ripe fruit and flaky broas soaked in rich coffee and the syrup from the fruit cocktail mix. The cheese sauce may seem out of place here, but it actually mimics the traditional taste of mascarpone in this recipe and is reminiscent as well of the beloved Filipino party staple, fruit salad, making for an unusual dessert that’s incredibly easy to make and will prove a huge hit with your friends and family. Sprinkle it with cocoa powder or top it with curls of milk chocolate for a neat touch that will add a sophisticated finish.
- 10 – 12 pc Broas
- 2 ½ tsp Instant Coffee
- 1 ½ cups All-Purpose Cream (refrigerated)
- ¼ cup Condensed Milk (sweetened)
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- ½ tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1 can (432 grams) Del Monte Fiesta Fruit Cocktail (drained, reserve 1/3 cup fruit cocktail syrup)
- ½ cup Del Monte Cheese Magic Sauce
- Mix instant coffee and reserved syrup. Heat until coffee is dissolved. Set aside.
- whip cream until fluffy. Add DEL MONTE Cheese Magic, condensed milk and vanilla. Mix well. Set aside.
- Cook brown sugar and DEL MONTE Fiesta Fruit Cocktail until slightly dry. Set aside
- Spread half of broas in 7”x7” pan then drizzle with coffee mixture. Spread with half of fruit cocktail mixture, then top with cream mixture.
- Repeat layering using the remaining ingredients. Chill until ready to serve. If desired, sprinkle with cocoa powder before serving.
- Makes 6 servings
Cooking Tools Needed:
- Sauce Pan
- Electric Mixer
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Mixing Bowl
Lusog Notes: Excellent source of Vitamin C – helps fight common infections