- Sweet Rice or Glutinous Rice Flour
- Coconut Milk
- Brown Sugar
- Bamboo Skewers
- IN THE PANTRY:
- Cooking Oil for deep frying
- 2 cups Sweet Rice or Glutinous Rice Flour
- 1 cup water
- SUGAR DIP
- 1 cup Coconut Milk
- 1½ cup Brown Sugar
- Cooking Oil for frying
- Mix the sweet rice flour and water to form a dough. Add a little more flour if it’s too sticky or a little water if it’s too dry.
- Portion in one teaspoon pieces, then roll each one in a ball.
- With a bamboo skewer, poke a hole through the rolled dough.
- Using medium low to low heat, heat up the cooking oil to deep fry the dough ball.
- Put in the dough balls one at a time, making sure they don’t stick together. Let them cook covered for 8-10 minutes. If the oil is splattering, turn your heat down a little bit.
- Once cooked, drain on a paper towel.
- Prepare the sugar dip by combining the coconut milk and brown sugar in a pan and cook until both are fully incorporated.
- Roll the carioca in the sugar mixture and skewer about 4 or 5 pieces.
- Your carioca is ready to serve.
- Cooking Tips:
- Poking holes through the raw dough balls helps the inside cook faster without causing much oil splatter.
- You get a nice crusty outside and chewy inside if you fry until the outside is slightly yellowish. This may take between 12 – 15 minutes per batch.
- If you’d rather have it soft and chewy, this will take you about 6-8 minutes or just until the inside is cooked.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More