- � k maya-maya, fillet but skin-on, sliced into big pieces with equal thickness
- rock salt
- � inch ginger, peeled and crushed
For the escabeche sauce:
- pre-mix in advance…
- 250 ml. pure sukang tuba
- 250 ml. water
- 90 gms. sugar
- 15 gms. rock salt
- 1 pc. green sili, long
- Season fillet with rock salt then set aside.
- Heat oil in a frying pan then add fish, skin side down. Slightly brown the fish then turn over. When fish is half cooked, remove from pan and set aside.
- Brown the garlic in the same pan then add the ginger and brown too, without burning the garlic.
- Push the ginger and garlic to the side of the pan then add the fish.
- Add the sauce and bring to a boil without stirring. Add the sili.
- Cook the fish in the sauce until done and simmer the sauce until the vinegar is cooked and the sweet and sour balance is achieved.