- 4 pcs. rib-eye steak
- For the marinade:
- cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp. mustard olive
- 1 tsp. rosemary
- � tsp. thyme
- � tsp. black pepper, freshly cracked
For the gravy:
- 4 tbsps. brown roux (4 tbsps. butter & 6 tbsps. flour)
- 1 to 1- cups beef stock
- 2 tbsps. button mushrooms, thinly-sliced
- � cup shiitake mushrooms, soaked in water & chopped
- � cup oyster mushrooms, chopped
- � cup shiitake mushroom water
- � pc. onion (medium), chopped
- � cup red wine, port or sherry
- Marinate steak in olive oil, mustard, rosemary, thyme and black pepper. Marinate for 30 minutes to 2 hours. Grill the steak.
To make the gravy:
- Brown the cooking flour until it turns beige in color. Combine with butter; set aside. Add olive oil to the pan where the steak was grilled. Saut� onions until caramelized and then deglaze with red wine. Simmer for 2 minutes then add beef stock and mushroom water.
- Strain the liquid to take out impurities. Add mushrooms and simmer for another 3 minutes.
- Add the roux using a wire whisk, stirring continuously to avoid lumps from forming. Season with salt and pepper.