- 1 kilo fish fillet, cut into serving pieces
- 4 cakes tokwa, tofu, cut into serving pieces
- 1/2 cup oyster sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/2 head garlic, finely chopped
- 2 medium size onion, chopped
- 2 pieces red and green bell pepper, cut into wedges
- 1 small can tausi, salted beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 small size carrot, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, sliced crosswise
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- salt and pepper
- Dust fish cube with salt an pepper let stand for 5 to 10 minutes tomarinate, put flour in a bowl and dip each fish to coat with the flour.
- In a skillet deep fry fish in batches for 5 to 8 minutes or until golden brown, keep aside.
- In same skillet deep fry tofu for 5 to 10 minutes until golden brown, keep aside.
- In a wok sauté garlic and onion, add in tausi and stir cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Add in 2 cups 1 to 1 1/2 cups of water and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes. Now add in the vegetables, sugar, hoisin and oyster sauce, cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Thickened sauce with cornstarch diluted in 1/2 cup of water.
- Add in fish and tofu and stir cook for another 2 to 3 minutes until the sauce is infused to the fish and tofu.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe Source here