- 4 fish fillets, skinned
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 cup cold water
- 3-4 large potatoes oil for deep frying
- Pat fish dry with paper towels. Dust lightly with all-purpose flour.
- Still set raising flour and salt into a large bowl.
- Make a well in the middle and add the water.
- Gradually mix liquid and flour. Beat until smooth.
- Pour oil to half of a deep skillet and heat.
- Dip each fish fillet into the batter.
- Fry in oil two piece at a time until golden brown and crisp (5-6 minutes).
- Drain on paper towel. Keep hot while you fry the next batch.
- To make chips (French fries). Cut potatoes into thick fingers. Soak in a bowl of cold water for 20 minutes to remove excess starch. Drain and dry on paper skillet. Put some potato fingers in a frying basket, lower this into the hot oil, and cook for 6 minutes, Remove and drain. Repeat this with remaining potato fingers.
- Reheat oil, then fry all potatoes together again until golden brown and crisp ( 3 minutes).
- Drain and serve hot with fish.
Check Out Our Recommended Products for you!
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More