- 1 1/2 pounds of salmon, cubed
- 3/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon red cayenne pepper (more or less to taste)
- 1 teaspoon salt plus 1/2 teaspoon extra
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 10 to 20 curry leaves
- 1 or 2 dried red chilies
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 ripe tomatoes, very finely chopped (think food processor) or 3/4 cup jarred tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro
- Place the salmon in a mixing bowl and sprinkle with the turmeric, cayenne pepper, teaspoon of salt and lime juice and set aside for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Heat the oil and add in the black mustard seeds and wait until the mustard seeds begin to crackle. Add in the curry leaves, dried red chilies and the ginger and saute well.
- Stir in the tomatoes and cook until soft and saucy, add in about a half cup of water and bring to a simmer.
- Add in the salmon and let it simmer for 8 to 10 minutes until cooked through. Serve with rice or your choice of accompaniment.
Recipe Source here