Fish Tinola Recipe
- 4 oz. Salmon fillet
- 1 medium Chayote, peeled and wedged
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 pieces Finger chili
- 2 cups Malunggay leaves
- 1 tablespoon ginger, sliced into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 4 cups water
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Heat the olive oil in a pan. When oil becomes pan-fry the steaks hot salmon for one minute per side. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan with the remaining oil, saute the onion and ginger
- Sprinkle black pepper and then pour in the fish sauce. Pour-in water. Bring to a boil.
- Put-in the chayote and chili finger. Cook for 5 minutes. Add the fried salmon. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Complement malunggay leaves. Turn off the heat and cover the pot. Let it stay for 5 minutes.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More