Fried Galunggong with Sampaloc Dip Recipe
- Five to 10 pcs galunggong fish fried
- Salt and pepper
- Cooking oil for frying
- For the sampaloc dip
- 1/4 cup fresh bagoong alamang
- 1 pc onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 5-10 pcs fresh sampaloc fruit
- Heat oil in the pan.
- Season galunggong with salt and pepper.
- Fry the fish until golden brown and crispy.
- Drain excess oil and serve.
- Boil sampaloc fruit in water until tender. Set aside.
- On a pan, sauté onion and garlic in oil.
- Add fresh bagoong alamang and set aside.
- Using a strainer, extract the juice from the boiled sampaloc fruit.
- Add the extracted juice little by little to the sautéed bagoong alamang.
- Adjust the sourness and saltiness depending on your preference.
- Serve with fried galunggong.