- 8 Oreo cookies
- 1 cup dry pancake mix
- cooking oil for frying (vegetable oil or canola oil)
For Optional Toppings:
- confectioner’s sugar
- chocolate syrup
- caramel syrup
- vanilla ice cream
- Preheat the oil, there should be some small bubbles on the side.
- While the oil is heating up, prepare the pancake batter (follow manufacturer’s instructions).
- Dip the Oreo in the pancake batter making sure you coat it completely.
- Use thongs to pick it up and drop in the oil. One or two at a time.
- It should puff up a little but and float to the top. Turn it over to the other side until both sides are light golden.
- This should not take too long, around 1-2 minutes. If it takes a while, your oil is probably not hot enough.
- Let the Fried Oreos rest for a few seconds on a paper towel to absorb the excess oil.
- Serve warm with optional toppings of your choice.
Image Credit: cookiedoughandovenmitt.com