Fruit Marshmallow Pie Recipe
- 1 ½ cups Chocolate Cream Cookies for crust, crumbs
- ½ cup Margarine for crust, melted
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar for crust
- 24 pc Marshmallow for filling, large white
- ¼ cup Evaporated Milk for filling
- ⅓ cup Sweet Chocolate Chips for filling
- ½ cup All-Purpose Cream for filling, chilled and whipped
- 1 tbsp Unflavored Gelatin for filling, dissolved in 1 tbsp hot water, optional
- ⅓ cup Marshmallow for filling, mini colored, optional
- 1 can 832 grams Del Monte Fiesta Fruit Cocktail (for filling, drained and chilled)
- Mix crust ingredients and press on bottom and sides of a 9” spring form pie pan. Chill for 10 minutes or until set.
- In a double boiler, melt marshmallows in milk. Cool. Fold in DEL MONTE Fiesta Fruit Cocktail, chocolate chips, all-purpose cream and mini marshmallows. Spread onto crust. Chill for 3-5 hours.
- *For a more solid filling, add dissolved gelatin during the whipping of all-purpose cream.
- ** If a double boiler is not available, use a metal utility bowl or saucepan as base for heating water.
- Use another saucepan that can snugly fit into the base to cook the marshmallow mixture.
- Makes 12 servings