Fruit n Nut Cake Recipe
- 1½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup oil
- ¾ cup caster sugar
- milk as required
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 100gms fruit cocktail (mixed nuts and dried fruits)
- Preheat the oven to 180 c.
- Grease the cake tin with butter or oil and dust it flour
- Chop the nuts and rub the nuts with hands in the flour so that they dont get settled at the bottom of the cake.
- Beat the eggs till fluffy. Add vanilla, oil, sugar and mix.
- Now add the dry ingredients to it and mix it by cut and fold method.
- Add a little milk to get the desired consistency of a batter.
- Add lemon zest of a big lemon, fresh preffered but u can use dried also if not available.
- Pour it in the cake tin and bake for 30 -40 mins or until the skewer comes out clean.