Thinking something personal as a gift? Why not bake a delicious treat for your loved ones? Fruits for the gods is an awesome choice. Find its recipe here.
Commonly, food for the gods is a baked goody is associated with Christmas holidays. Wrapped in festive red and green cellophane, these are buttery confections mixed with dates and walnuts or any nuts. The texture is between a crumbly cookie and a moist brownie. They are chewy with the crunch of chopped nuts.
Why such name, food for the gods? Well, maybe you should try one and taste that heavenly flavor. I was just curious of the name before that’s why I tried eating one. And then I discovered that rich flavor. Wow! In this recipe here, we give the ingredients a twist (but not that much!). We will just add in fruits to the usual nuts, hence the name “fruits for the gods”. Basically, the same procedures as baking a food for the god recipe will be followed, except for that addition. Nothing can be lost with a single try so why not give this recipe a chance? Who knows, this can be your next blockbuster treat? 🙂 Happy baking!
- 1⅓ cups All-Purpose Flour (sifted)
- ¾ tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp Iodized Fine Salt
- 1 cup Raisins
- ¾ Butter
- ½ cup Sugar
- ¾ cup Brown Sugar
- 3 pc Egg
- 1 cup (+2 tbsp) Toasted Cashew Nuts (chopped)
- 1 can (432 grams) Del Monte Fiesta Fruit Cocktail (drained for 2 to 3 hours)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease a 13”x9”x2” pan.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together. Take ½ cup of this mixture and mix with DEL MONTE Fiesta Fruit Cocktail and raisins. Set aside.
- Cream butter until soft and fluffy. Add sugars and blend well.Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Fold in the flour mixture.
- Add cashew and fruit cocktail mixture. Stir to completely blend batter.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 10 minutes. Lower heat to 300ºF and continue baking for 50 minutes. Cool slightly then cut into bars.
- Makes 24 servings
Cooking Tools Needed:
- Baking Pan
- Electric Mixer
- Wooden Spoon
- Chef’s Knife
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
Lusog Notes: Fruits for the Gods contains calcium that helps build strong bones and teeth..