- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/4 pounds large shrimp (20 to 25 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1/8 teaspoon or more of dried hot red-pepper flakes, to taste, optional
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil leaves, or 2 tablespoons of dried basil
- 1 1/2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large heavy skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking.
- Place the shrimp in the hot oil and saute’, turning just once, until just cooked through, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer the shrimp to a large bowl, removing from hot oil with a slotted spoon.
- Add garlic and red pepper flakes (if using) to the remaining hot oil in the shrimp skillet and cook until fragrant, 30 seconds.
- Add wine and cook over high heat, stirring occasionally, for 3 around minutes.
- Stir in basil and tomatoes and season the sauce with salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
- Return the shrimp to pan and cook just until heated through. Just a minute or 2.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More