- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/4 pounds large shrimp (20 to 25 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1/8 teaspoon or more of dried hot red-pepper flakes, to taste, optional
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil leaves, or 2 tablespoons of dried basil
- 1 1/2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large heavy skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking.
- Place the shrimp in the hot oil and saute’, turning just once, until just cooked through, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer the shrimp to a large bowl, removing from hot oil with a slotted spoon.
- Add garlic and red pepper flakes (if using) to the remaining hot oil in the shrimp skillet and cook until fragrant, 30 seconds.
- Add wine and cook over high heat, stirring occasionally, for 3 around minutes.
- Stir in basil and tomatoes and season the sauce with salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
- Return the shrimp to pan and cook just until heated through. Just a minute or 2.
Recipe Source here