- 4 medium cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 lb medium – sized cooked shrimp, best bought still frozen
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into 1 – inch pieces, discarding bottom fourth
- 3 tbsp vegetable broth
- 1 fresh tomato, diced into ½ inch pieces
3 tbsp chopped fresh parsley ( or 3 tsp dried parsley if fresh not available )
- Small head of romaine lettuce, chopped
- *optional 2 oz crumbled goat cheese
- Salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Press garlic and let sit for least 5 minutes to bring out its hidden health benefits.
- Make sure shrimps is completely thawed and patted dry with a paper towel, or it will dilute the flavor of the salad.
- Add broth to medium skillet and after it has heated up, sauté asparagus for 5 minutes.
- Whisk together lemon, oil, mustard, honey, garlic, salt and pepper. Toss shrimp, asparagus, parsley, and tomato with dressing and herbs. Allow shrimp salad to marinate for at least 15 minutes.
- Discard outer leaves of lettuce head, rinse, dry, and chop. Serve shrimp mixture on bed of lettuce and top with crumbled goat cheese, if desired.