- 2 K Japanese rice
- 3 cups Mitsukan vinegar
- 1 tbspn. hondashi powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 pack nori
- 10 pcs. kani, split into 2
- 500 grms. young Japanese cucumber (cut into strips)
- 3 pcs. mango (cut into strips)
- 500 grms. carrots (cut intro strips and blanched)
- 500 grms. takuan/pickled radish (cut into strips)
- 10 pcs. calamansi
- 100 grms. finely julienned carrots
- 100 grms. finely julienned pumpkin
- Dissolve the hondashi powder with mitsukan vinegar, sugar and salt into pot.
- Mix well Japanese rice with vinegar, and set aside.
- Lay nori seaweeds on board, fill with kani, cucumber, mango, carrots and takuan.
- Roll over and tighten, then remove the bamboo matt, and cut into bite size portions.
- Garnish with carrots and pumpkin. Serve with wasabi and Japanese soy sauce and kalamansi.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More