- 4½ pounds chicken leg quarters
- ¾ cup white vinegar
- ¾ cup water
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns, crushed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- salt to taste
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- Combine the chicken, vinegar, water, sugar, soy sauce, bay leaves, crushed peppercorns, onion, and garlic in a large pot; stir and bring the mixture to a boil for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook at a simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove the chicken to a large serving platter and set aside. Increase the heat under the pot to medium and cook until the liquid reduces by about one-quarter, about 10 minutes. Season with salt; stir the coconut milk into the mixture. Cover and cook until the coconut milk appears oily, about 10 minutes. Pour the mixture over the chicken to serve.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More