Ginataang Alimango at hipon Recipe
- 2 large alimangos mud crabs; cut in halves
- 1/2 kilo hipon cleaned
- 1 cup gata
- 1/2 cup seafood stock or water optional
- 1 thumb-size ginger sliced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 sili labuyo sliced
- 1 cup squash cut in cubes
- 100 g kangkong
- 1/2 – 1 tbsp paprika
- patis and black pepper to taste
- Wansoy for garnish
- Steam crabs and squash until half cooked. Set aside.
- Sauté garlic and ginger, then add coconut milk, stock/water (if needed), paprika and patis and black pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil, stirring ocassionally, until gata becomes thick and oily.
- Add crabs, shrimp, labuyo and squash.
- Lastly add in kangkong until wilted. Cook until dish is done.
- Garnish with wansoy before serving.
- Serve with rice.