Ginataang Alimasag Recipe
- 3 tbsp oil
- 4 pcs garlic pounded
- 1 thumb sized ginger sliced and pounded
- 4 pcs finger chili sliced
- 2 stalks lemongrass pounded and tied
- 2 tbsp bagoong
- 3 cups coconut milk
- patis to taste
- 4-5 pcs alimasag
- 4 cups spinach
- bunch of cilantro to top
- In a large pot, sauté the garlic, lemongrass, and ginger.
- Add the coconut milk then bring to a boil.
- Put in the shrimp paste and fish sauce and cook until the coconut milk is thick.
- Add the finger chili and simmer.
- Put the crabs in the pot and mix until evenly covered with coconut milk. Simmer until crabs are cooked.
- Add the spinach last and transfer to a plate.
- Garnish with cilantro. Serve hot