- 2 cups coconut milk
- 250 ml water
- 125 grams sugar 1
- 25 grams ripe jackfruit (langka), shredded
- 1 medium Japanese yam (kamote), peeled and cubed
- 1 saba bananas, peeled and cubed
- 125 grams cooked sago
- 10-15 pieces glutinous rice balls
For the Glutinous Rice Balls
- 125 grams glutinous rice flour
- 125 ml water
- In a pot, combine coconut milk, water and sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally to dissolve sugar. Lower heat to a simmer.
- Add yams and cook for about 5 minutes or until tender but firm. Add bananas and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add glutinous rice balls and cook for about 8 to 10 minutes or until balls start to float on top.
- Add sago and jackfruit and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes. Serve hot.
- For the glutinous rice balls: In a small bowl, combine glutinous rice flour and water into a stiff but pliable dough. If the dough is too sticky, add more flour and if too crumbly, add a little bit more water. Using the palms of hands. form about 1 teaspoon of dough into smooth balls. Cover prepared balls with cloth until ready to use.