- 2 cups coconut milk
- 250 ml water
- 125 grams sugar 1
- 25 grams ripe jackfruit (langka), shredded
- 1 medium Japanese yam (kamote), peeled and cubed
- 1 saba bananas, peeled and cubed
- 125 grams cooked sago
- 10-15 pieces glutinous rice balls
For the Glutinous Rice Balls
- 125 grams glutinous rice flour
- 125 ml water
- In a pot, combine coconut milk, water and sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally to dissolve sugar. Lower heat to a simmer.
- Add yams and cook for about 5 minutes or until tender but firm. Add bananas and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add glutinous rice balls and cook for about 8 to 10 minutes or until balls start to float on top.
- Add sago and jackfruit and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes. Serve hot.
- For the glutinous rice balls: In a small bowl, combine glutinous rice flour and water into a stiff but pliable dough. If the dough is too sticky, add more flour and if too crumbly, add a little bit more water. Using the palms of hands. form about 1 teaspoon of dough into smooth balls. Cover prepared balls with cloth until ready to use.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More