Ginataang Halo – Halo Recipe
- 250 g glutinous rice sweet rice flour
- 6 saba sliced
- 5 cups thin coconut milk or water
- 250 g ripe langka canned will do
- 6 pandan leaves optional or (anise seeds)
- 200 g cooked sago pearls
- 225 g camote sweet potato, cubed
- 300 g white sugar or muscovado sugar
- 225 g gabi taro root, cubed
- 225 g ube purple yam, cubed
- 2 cups coconut cream
- Combine rice flour with 250 ml water and form into small balls.
- Place the coconut milk in a casserole and bring to a boil. Add the sago, sweet potato, taro and other root crops you may have. Cook for 5 minutes, then add the banana, jackfruit and rice balls. Continue to cook over moderate heat until all the rice balls float to the surface.
- Stir in sugar and coconut cream. Then transfer to a serving bowl.