Are you a lover of coconut-based sauce? Here’s what I can recommend for you, try this Ginataang Tulingan! Tulingan is a kind of fish which is smaller than tuna. We can actually cook it in many ways & one way of cooking it is the “Ginataang Tulingan”.
Ginataang Tulingan is made from a coconut-based sauce, tulingan and vegetables. This type of dish is really amazingly delicious if all the ingredients are properly put into it. Since tulingan needs to be cooked with vinegar, it has a sour creamy consistency with a soft sweetness from fresh ginger.
Cooking this kind of dish will not take you too long because it takes only an hour and one thing that I can assure that the Ginataang Tulingan is one of the best dishes that you can have. What I love about this dish that the fish is very tasty because of the sauce and the vegetables in it.
- 3 medium-sized tulingan (skipjack tuna) (cleaned & cut into pieces)
- 1 cup of vinegar
- ½ cup of water
- 3-4 cloves of garlic (chopped)
- 2 medium-sized onions (chopped)
- 1 small ginger (chopped)
- 1 tbsp peppercorns
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp fish sauce (optional)
- calamansi juice (from 2 pieces calamansi)
- 2 pieces chili fingers
- 3 cups coconut milk
- 2 pieces medium-sized eggplants (chopped)
- 4 pieces tomatoes (chopped)
- Combine all ingredients in a cooking pot except coconut milk, eggplants & tomatoes.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes in medium heat.
- Add coconut milk, eggplants, chili fingers & tomatoes.
- Simmer again under medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until sauce is thicken.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More