- 1/4 kilo pork, sliced
- 1/2 kilo squash or kalabasa, peeled, seeded and sliced
- bunch of sayote leaves
- cooking oil
- garlic, peeled and crushed
- onion, peeled and sliced
- fish sauce or patis
- Boil sliced pork in 2 cups water, season with salt, covered, about 10 minutes. Separate cooked meat from broth.
- In a separate pan, heat oil. Saute garlic, about a minute. Then add onions, saute until transluscent, about a minute also.
- Add boiled meat, saute until they turned light brown.
- Add sliced squash, stirring occassionaly, about 5 minutes. Then add the remaining pork broth.
- Season with fish sauce and a little salt.
- When squash slices are tender, drop sayote leaves. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve while hot with steaming white rice.