- 2 Cans of Sardines (Ligo brand if available)
- 1 Bunch of American Bok-choi
- 1 Small onion sliced crosswise
- 1 Small tomato diced
- 3 Cloves of garlic peeled and smashed
- 3 Tbs. Soy sauce (Silver-Swan)
- ½ Tsp. Ground black pepper
- ½ Tsp. MSG (vetsin) optional
- 2 Tbs. Corn oil
- 1 Cup of water
- Prep the Bok-choi / Pechay:
- Start by preparing the bok-choi by removing all the stalks and rinsing them thoroughly.
- Next cut off about two inches from the bottom to remove the tough part and then separate the leafy part by cutting the stalk off from the leafy part (see pictures).
- Slice them separately.
- Chop the stalk part first and then proceed to the leafy part, but do not mix them together.
- The stalk does require a longer time than the leafy part to cook therefore you should cook the stalks first and then add the leafy part later.
- That’s why I said you shouldn’t mix them at this point.
- The cooking process:
- In a large saute pan, heat oil. Next saute garlic until golden brown, add the tomatoes and onions, and let it cook until onions hit the shiny stage.
- Then add the bok-choi stalks and let them cook for 2 minutes.
- Now add the bok-choi leafy part along with the sardines, soy sauce, water, msg, and black pepper.
- Cover and let it cook for 3 minutes or until the bok-choi is tender.
- Adjust taste by adding salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve rice topped with Ginisang Sardinas. Enjoy!
Buy Cucumber Lemonade Now.
Check Out Our Recommended Products for you!
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More