- 1/2 kilo Sigarilyas or Winged beans, sliced diagonally
- 1/4 kilo ground beef
- 4 pcs Siling haba or Birds Eye chili, sliced diagonally
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 medium sized onion, chopped
- 1 thumb size ginger, peeled, cut into thin strips
- 4 tbsp. shrimp paste, bagoong alamang
- 2 cups pure coconut milk or 1 can of 400 ml Coconut milk
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce
- salt to taste
- Canola cooking oil
- In a wok, saute garlic, ginger and onion until fragrant but not browned.
- Add in the ground beef and stir, cook for 2 minutes
- Then put in the fish sauce and shrimp paste and continue to stir cook for another 3 minutes.
- Put in 1/2 cup of water and 1 cup of the coconut milk, bring to a boil and simmer for 6 minutes or until the liquid has reduced to an oily sauce, stirring occasionally to prevent the coconut milk from curdling.
- Now add in the remaining coconut milk, winged beans, green and red chili, continue to cook for another 5 minutes or until the vegetables are just cooked.
- Add salt to taste.
- Serve hot with Rice and make sure you have a lot rice because you’ll crave for more.