- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 250 grams butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs beaten, then add enough evaporated milk to make 1 and 3/4 cups
- cooking oil for frying
For the gorgoria glaze:
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon syrup
- Sift together flour and baking powder into a bowl.
- In another bowl cream the butter and add the sugar.
- Add the egg-milk mixture alternately with the flour-baking powder mixture. Knead well.
- Form into thumb-size ovals and press with fork tines to shape into googoria shaped pieces.
- Fry in hot oil and make sure the gorgorias are already golden-brown.
- Make the glaze by boiling together sugar, water and syrup until thickened or it reaches the thread stage (it is when the mixture forms a thread when a fork is dipped into the mixture when lifted). It is a bit tricky to coat the gorgorias if the consistency is too thick.
- Pour glaze into gorgoria until well coated. Do it quickly because the glaze will crystallized immediately.
Recipe Source here