A recipe that’s free of fuss and is an easy treat to make as a family or a barkada, graham balls are perfect for any occasion that calls for a sweet finish. Ideal with a hot beverage like cocoa or coffee, the buttery, slightly grainy consistency of crushed graham is a wonderful foil to the sweetness of condensed milk. Mixed together, they make a great coating for a filling of your choice inside. Marshmallows—especially chocolate-covered ones, would be delicious here, as well as chocolate candies for a surprise inside. Roll them in sprinkles or colored sugar for a more festive touch; they’ll look so pretty on a plate served at a tea party, and will definitely add a bit of extra cheer to your usual merienda hour. It’ll take no time to make as well, so if you have these ingredients on hand, try this out for yourself!
- 3 cups crushed graham (+ 2 tbsp for dusting)
- 1 cup condensed milk (+ a little bit more if needed)
- chocolate candies or marshmallows for filling
- mini-marshmallows, sprinkles, or colored sugar for garnish
- Combine crushed grahams and condensed milk. Blend well. Make sure it's not too wet nor too dry.
- Add a bit more crushed grahams if it's wet and a bit more condensed milk if its too dry.
- Shape mixture into one inch balls and put a piece of chocolate candy or marshmallow inside.
- Roll the balls in crushed grahams, sprinkles, mini- marshmallows or colored sugar to finish.
- Chill before serving.