Well, well, well. A dessert is always a good way to cap off a good meal. So how about making your own dessert? No need to buy something costly from a fancy restaurant or somewhere else. Just buy a can of fruit cocktail, graham crackers, all purpose cream, and condensed milk, and you are ready for a feast.
This Graham crema de fruita recipe is another type of a no-bake cake. Originally, crema de fruta is an elaborate sponge cake topped in succeeding layers of cream, custard, candied fruit, and gelatine. But with the rise of no-bake goodies, this recipe is a good substitute. For a crema de fruita recipe, you can also put gelatin as additional toppings.
This recipe is not that difficult to do, so help yourself for a slice of goodness! Enjoy!
- 1 large can (550 g) fruit cocktail. Drain and reserve the juice
- 2 packs (200 g) graham crackers
- 2 packs whipping cream or all purpose cream
- 1 can (300 ml) condensed milk
- 1 pouch unflavored gelatin powder (optional)
- Pour heavy whipping cream and condensed milk in a mixing bowl. Whisk well until well combined.
- In large square container or tray, arrange graham crackers. Spread and cover them with cream and top with fruit cocktail; reserve the other half can of fruit cocktail for another layer. Repeat the procedure according to layer preferences.
- For additional toppings, dissolved gelatin powder in cold water. Simmer on medium heat, and add the fruit cocktail syrup. Stir occasionally until mixture boils. Let it cool for a few minutes in the fridge until start to thickens. This step is optional, you can make this without gelatin.
- Pour the gelatin mixture over the graham crackers and fruit. Put in fridge, chill and serve. Enjoy!