Well, well, well. A dessert is always a good way to cap off a good meal. So how about making your own dessert? No need to buy something costly from a fancy restaurant or somewhere else. Just buy a can of fruit cocktail, graham crackers, all purpose cream, and condensed milk, and you are ready for a feast.
This Graham crema de fruita recipe is another type of a no-bake cake. Originally, crema de fruta is an elaborate sponge cake topped in succeeding layers of cream, custard, candied fruit, and gelatine. But with the rise of no-bake goodies, this recipe is a good substitute. For a crema de fruita recipe, you can also put gelatin as additional toppings.
This recipe is not that difficult to do, so help yourself for a slice of goodness! Enjoy!
- 1 large can (550 g) fruit cocktail. Drain and reserve the juice
- 2 packs (200 g) graham crackers
- 2 packs whipping cream or all purpose cream
- 1 can (300 ml) condensed milk
- 1 pouch unflavored gelatin powder (optional)
- Pour heavy whipping cream and condensed milk in a mixing bowl. Whisk well until well combined.
- In large square container or tray, arrange graham crackers. Spread and cover them with cream and top with fruit cocktail; reserve the other half can of fruit cocktail for another layer. Repeat the procedure according to layer preferences.
- For additional toppings, dissolved gelatin powder in cold water. Simmer on medium heat, and add the fruit cocktail syrup. Stir occasionally until mixture boils. Let it cool for a few minutes in the fridge until start to thickens. This step is optional, you can make this without gelatin.
- Pour the gelatin mixture over the graham crackers and fruit. Put in fridge, chill and serve. Enjoy!
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More