- 4 5-6 ounce wild caught salmon fillets with skin
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1½ teaspoons ground cumin
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- For the Fresh Peach Jalapeno Salsa:
- 2 cups diced fresh ripe peaches (can also use ripe nectarines)
- 1 Roma tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeds and membranes removed, finely chopped
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Brush both sides of the salmon fillets with olive oil, sprinkle with the ground cumin and some salt and pepper
- Heat the grill to medium-high and brush the cooking grates with oil.
- Lay the salmon skin side up (flesh side down) on the grill and grill for 3-4 minutes depending on the thickness of the fillets. Turn over and grill the other side for another 3-4 minutes.
- Serve immediately topped with some Fresh Peach Jalapeno Salsa.
- IF YOU DON’T HAVE A GRILL: This is also wonderful pan-fried. Just follow the same instructions of heating the pan over medium-high heat, adding a little oil, and frying each side for 3-4 minutes.
Source: The Daring Gourmet