Grilled Stuffed Milkfish Recipe
- 1 (600g) Fresh milkfish
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1/3 coconut, roasted, coarsely pounded
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 125 cc thick coconut milk from 1 coconut
- banana leaf
- 2-3 red chilies
- 2 teaspoons coriander, roasted
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chopped ginger
- 2 teaspoons chopped galangal
- 1 teaspoon chopped turmeric
- 5 shallots
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon tamarind juice
- salt and sugar or brown sugar
- Clean fish and remove scales, fins, gills and entrails.
- Rinse and pat it dry.
- Pound the fish lightly until the flesh becomes tender.
- Using a small sharp knife, remove the backbone and as much of the flesh as possible through a slit under the gills, taking care not to break the skin.
- Set the skin aside.
- Roast the flesh until it changes color, then discard the bones and grind the flesh.
- Heat oil and sauté ground spices until fragrant.
- Remove and allow to cool.
- Combine the sautéed spices with ground fish, pounded coconut and egg.
- Stuff the fish skin with this mixture.
- Make a slit in a bamboo stick and clamp the stuffed skin with the slit bamboo.
- Tie both ends of the stick.
- Wrap the fish with banana leaf and grill until fish is firm.
- Remove the banana leaf and continue to grill.
- brush fish with salted thick coconut milk from time to time until it is cooked.
- Remove fish from heat and cut before serving.
Check Out Our Recommended Products for you!
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More