Halayang Ube Recipe
- 1 kilo ube yam root
- 1 can (14 ounces) evaporated milk
- 2 cans (12 ounces) condensed milk
- ½ cup butter or margarine
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla (optional)
- On a pot, boil the unpeeled ube yam in water and simmer for 30 minutes. Drain and let cool.
- Peel and finely grate the ube yam.
- Heat a big wok in medium heat.
- Melt butter or margarine, add the condensed milk and vanilla flavoring. Mix well.
- Add the 1 kilo grated ube yam,
- Adjust the heat to low
- Keep on mixing the ingredients for about 30 minutes or until sticky and a bit dry (but still moist).
- Add the evaporated milk and continue to mix for another 15 minutes.
- Let cool and place on a large platter.
- Refrigerate before serving the halayang ube.
- Cooking Tips:
- You may spread additional butter or margarine on top of the jam before serving.
- For the sweet toothed, sprinkle a little sugar on top of the jam after placing on the large platter.
- Instead of manually grating the ube, you may cut it in cubes and use a blender to powderize the ube.
Check Out Our Recommended Products for you!
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More