Herbed Seasoned Roast Turkey Recipe
- 8 pounds very fresh organic turkey
- 2 ounces fresh herbs, on the stem
- 4 to 5 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced, optional
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon
- Remove any visible fat from the turkey cavity.
- Ease the skin away from the flesh by gradually inserting your fingers between the skin and the breasts.
- Continue working your way round the bird until the skin is loose around the legs and back.
- Spread butter over the flesh and then stuff the space with the herbs, arranging the leaves over the surface of the turkey and under the skin.
- Do the same with the garlic slices, if you are using them.
- Rub the salt and pepper over the turkey and season inside.
- Prick the lemon all over with a skewer and put it into the cavity.
- Cover the bird loosely, but carefully, with foil or plastic film and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- When you are ready to cook it, bring the turkey back to room temperature and roast in a preheated oven at 400 degrees F for about 3 hours.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More