Homemade KFC Style Gravy Recipe
- 3 tablespoons butter or vegetable shortening
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 piece chicken cube or 2 teaspoons chicken powder
- 1 piece beef cube or 2 teaspoons beef powder
- 2 1/4 cups water
- Dilute the beef and chicken cubes in water.
- Heat a saucepan and put-in the butter. Let the butter melt under low heat.
- Add 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour and cook in low heat while continuously stirring for 7 to 8 minutes or until the color turns medium brown. There is a tendency that the flour might burn when overcooked or if high heat is applied. Be extra cautious.
- Add the remaining flour and continue stirring.
- Gradually add the chicken and beef broth (the result of procedure 1) while stirring. Continuous stirring is needed to prevent lumps from forming.
- Put the heat to medium and bring the mixture to a boil. Cook for 5 minutes more while stirring once in a while until the texture thickens.
- Serve hot with fried chicken or mashed potato.
- Share and enjoy!