- 2 strips of pork belly (around 1pound)
- Honey water for brushing
- 2 garlic clove, mashed
- 1 spring onion white, cut into small sections
- ½ tablespoon honey
- ½ tablespoon cooking wine
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon five-spicy powder
- Clean the pork belly and drain.
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients for sauce well and add smashed garlic and Chinese five spice powder.
- Marinate the pork belly with the sauce for at least 4 hours, overnight is highly recommended.
- Preheat oven to 200 degree C.
- Prepare a small bowl to mix the 1 tablespoon honey and ½ tablespoon hot water. Brush the honey sauce on both sides of the pork belly. Roast for around 30 minutes.
- Turn over and brush the honey water again. Roast for another 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cool down for several minutes and cut into slices before serving.
- Serve warm and re-heat if necessary.
Recipe Source here