- 2 strips of pork belly (around 1pound)
- Honey water for brushing
- 2 garlic clove, mashed
- 1 spring onion white, cut into small sections
- ½ tablespoon honey
- ½ tablespoon cooking wine
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon five-spicy powder
- Clean the pork belly and drain.
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients for sauce well and add smashed garlic and Chinese five spice powder.
- Marinate the pork belly with the sauce for at least 4 hours, overnight is highly recommended.
- Preheat oven to 200 degree C.
- Prepare a small bowl to mix the 1 tablespoon honey and ½ tablespoon hot water. Brush the honey sauce on both sides of the pork belly. Roast for around 30 minutes.
- Turn over and brush the honey water again. Roast for another 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cool down for several minutes and cut into slices before serving.
- Serve warm and re-heat if necessary.
Recipe Source here
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More