How to Cook Bicol Express
- 1 kg pork belly cut into cubes
- 1 cup finger chilies siling haba, sliced
- 1 cup string beans cut into 2-inch pcs
- 4 cloves garlic sliced
- 1 pc onion sliced
- 4 pcs red chili peppers chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger sliced
- 2 tbsp shrimp paste alamang
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 1 cup coconut cream kakang gata
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- n a preheated pan, heat cooking oil.
- Add garlic, ginger, and onion. Sauté until fragrant.
- Add pork. Cook while stirring occasionally until light brown.
- Add shrimp paste. Stir and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, water, and red chili peppers. Simmer for about 30 minutes or until pork is tender.
- Add the coconut cream and simmer until the liquid thickens.
- Add string beans and finger chilies. Cook while stirring regularly for about 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Stir well.
- Remove from heat. Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Serve while hot with steamed rice. Enjoy your Bicol Express!
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More