How to Cook Bicol Express
- 1 kg pork belly cut into cubes
- 1 cup finger chilies siling haba, sliced
- 1 cup string beans cut into 2-inch pcs
- 4 cloves garlic sliced
- 1 pc onion sliced
- 4 pcs red chili peppers chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger sliced
- 2 tbsp shrimp paste alamang
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 1 cup coconut cream kakang gata
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- n a preheated pan, heat cooking oil.
- Add garlic, ginger, and onion. Sauté until fragrant.
- Add pork. Cook while stirring occasionally until light brown.
- Add shrimp paste. Stir and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, water, and red chili peppers. Simmer for about 30 minutes or until pork is tender.
- Add the coconut cream and simmer until the liquid thickens.
- Add string beans and finger chilies. Cook while stirring regularly for about 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Stir well.
- Remove from heat. Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Serve while hot with steamed rice. Enjoy your Bicol Express!