How to Cook Buttered Tahong (Mussels)
- ½ kg tahong (mussels), cleaned
- 50g butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pc small onion, minced
- 1 tsp salt, optional
- 1 tsp pepper
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- In a pan over medium fire, heat cooking oil.
- Add the butter and let it melt completely. (We melt butter in oil to prevent it from burning)
- Add garlic and sauté until fragrant.
- Add onion and pepper then sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the cleaned mussels. Add some salt if you want it to be tastier or it happened that you used light butter. Simmer until the shells opened.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve while hot and enjoy your buttered tahong!