- ½ kg tahong (mussels), cleaned
- 50g butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pc small onion, minced
- 1 tsp salt, optional
- 1 tsp pepper
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- In a pan over medium fire, heat cooking oil.
- Add the butter and let it melt completely. (We melt butter in oil to prevent it from burning)
- Add garlic and sauté until fragrant.
- Add onion and pepper then sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the cleaned mussels. Add some salt if you want it to be tastier or it happened that you used light butter. Simmer until the shells opened.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve while hot and enjoy your buttered tahong!
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More