How to Cook Chicken Asado
- 2 lbs chicken cut into serving pieces
- 1/4 cup butter/margarine
- 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce
- 2 medium-sized onion sliced
- 2 pieces dried bay leaves laurel
- 2 large potatoes quartered
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup lemon/calamansi juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3/4 cup cooking oil
- Rub the chicken with salt and pepper and let stand for at least 30 minutes.
- In a heated pan or pot, pour-in the cooking oil & fry the chicken. Set aside after.
- In a heated pot or wok, put-in the butter/margarine.
- When the butter/margarine is hot enough, sauté the onions until soft in texture.
- Add-in the bay leaves and cook for a minute.
- Pour-in tomato sauce and bring to a boil.
- Add the soy sauce and lemon juice then stir to ensure that the mixture is properly distributed and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the pan-fried chicken and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Place the potatoes in and continue to simmer for 7 to 12 minutes.
- Serve hot and enjoy your Chicken Asado!