- 2 lbs chicken, cut into serving pieces
- ¼ cup butter/margarine
- 1½ cups tomato sauce
- 2 medium-sized onion, sliced
- 2 pieces dried bay leaves (laurel)
- 2 large potatoes, quartered
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup lemon/calamansi juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ¾ cup cooking oil
- Rub the chicken with salt and pepper and let stand for at least 30 minutes.
- In a heated pan or pot, pour-in the cooking oil & fry the chicken. Set aside after.
- In a heated pot or wok, put-in the butter/margarine.
- When the butter/margarine is hot enough, sauté the onions until soft in texture.
- Add-in the bay leaves and cook for a minute.
- Pour-in tomato sauce and bring to a boil.
- Add the soy sauce and lemon juice then stir to ensure that the mixture is properly distributed and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the pan-fried chicken and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Place the potatoes in and continue to simmer for 7 to 12 minutes.
- Serve hot and enjoy your Chicken Asado!
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More