How to Cook Crispy Fried Onion Rings
- 1 large onion, very thinly sliced and separated into rings
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- ½ cup water
- cooking oil, for deep-frying
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, egg, and water. Mix well to make a batter.
- Dip onion rings into the batter.
- Heat cooking oil in a pan or pot. Deep-fry the onion rings in batches. Cook until both sides turn golden brown.
- Remove from heat then drain excess oil with tissue paper or wire rack.
- Serve while hot and enjoy your crispy fried onion rings!