Crispy Kalabasa Okoy Recipe Video:
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel for more awesome recipe videos!
- ¼ kg shrimp
- ⅓ squash
- 5-7 stalks spring onion, chopped
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup corn flour
- ½ tbsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 cup water
- cooking oil, for frying
- Clean, devein, & remove the shell of the shrimp. Chop the shrimp into small pieces then set aside.
- Peel the skin of the squash then remove the seeds. Shred the squash into a mixing bowl.
- Add the chopped spring onion, bean sprouts, chopped shrimp, all-purpose flour, corn flour, baking powder, salt, pepper, egg, and water. Mix well until all ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Heat cooking oil in a pan. Fry the okoy until golden brown on both sides (about 2 tbsp of mixture per piece). Drain oil using tissue papers or strainer.
- Serve with vinegar dip and enjoy your crispy kalabasa okoy!